Saturday, November 26, 2005

There's no place like Kansas

A 1000 miles, tons of food and the smiles of Spirit filled saints made this last week one I desire not to forget. Here's the quickest recap I can give...

I listened to two lectures on the drive out - one about quantum physics and postmodern thought, the other was over the Biblical mandate to subdue the earth. I also rear ended a gal in Kansas. No harm, no ticket! Praise God!

I spent Monday and Tuesday visiting at my Dad's. I was able to spend time with Pops while he was working at home. I also spent the day time at the community college to prepare for a presentation this week.

Tuesday, Steve and I accompanied Justin to his sis' basketball game in KC, MO. They lost in the last 5 seconds. I didn't really care, I was there to talk with J and S. J and S are living and ministering among the lower working class in KC, KS. S recently returned from ministering in Kenya for 6 months.

Met up with my G-parents, mom and brother on Wednesday. That evening Cara G. and I talked highly of the grace of God and calling others to this wonderful dance. Our time together is always sweet and pleasing. God uses Cara in a very real way to help me see Christ more clearly. Thank you.

Turkey day was easy and good. I spent all day at my G-parent's. It was nice to spend time with all of my family - aunt, uncle, sister, brother-in-law, step dad, mom, grandparents, brother, cousins. Richard and I put up Grandma's Christmas tree. This always seems to be a *big* task. No matter how new the lights are, there are always a dozen or more burnt out lights that keep the whole string from lighting up. Nonetheless, Richard and I (mostly him) tackeled the suckers and got it all put together.

Friday - Michelle and I worked out at the YMCA. It just wasn't the same as CRCE at U of I (see last post). Later that morning I visited with the Griffos. It is wonderful to be around that family, their love for Christ is contagious and inspiring to see! I made it Christian Book and Gift that afternoon and spent quite a while visiting with Erin and Brenda. While I wasn't too interested in their selection of books, it was great to see my former co-workers.

Friday night - Kristen, Craig and I cooked Chilli for that evening's get-together. While Casie couldn't make it, a number of the elect gathered with us: Feaker, Stones, Jesse J., Michael and Sarah (hailing from IL), Joe F., Kris H, and the J. It was a riot! It was so wonderful to see and talk to everyone. I just wish that I could spend more one-on-one time with them, because it just wasn't personal enough. I really desire to hear how the knowledge of God has spilled into their lives at school, work and with friends and family. Or the other way around, how working out their salvation has helped the Scripture become interalized in their heart.

The drive today was long, especailly through MO. I'm back now and ready to face the next three weeks of challenges with the resurection in mind.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger H said...

Paul, I'm so happy you made it here and back safely.

It sounds like you had a restful and encouraging/edifying week while in Kansas.

We missed seeing you, but I know how tight time is on the visits home! I grew up in Idaho, and even when we visit for 3 weeks, there is never enough time to see everyone.

Blessings!
Hillary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home