Monday, November 14, 2005

Forget Nat'l... Local evangelist gets cocky!

I guess I've created a little bit of a stir by citing that BBC article last Friday. Through events that happened today and over the weekend, I decided to delete the post. Here's why:

1) It didn't show the preciousness of God, nor encourage you in your salvation. Eph 4:29

2) When I judged the 700 club guy, I cast the same judgement on myself. I sure don't spend enough time caring and showing concern for other people. Rom 2:1-4.

3) My initial reaction to members of the religious right and their evolution/creationism stance is a negative one. This was expressed in my negative and condemning attitude in the post.

4) Evolution/ID is a testy subject and if I write about it, I need to completely explain myself.

Most importantly, my attitude lately has been one of arrogance, individualism, pride, legalism and unthankfulness. Today I took shots at the body of Christ that were unwarranted. It seems like I've put aside the grace of God for a lie and worhsiped MYSELF over the Creator. I try as hard as possible to hide this sin and paint a self-righteous picture. Sound bad? Does it sound like that
Manson/Webb blog-post from a while back? I don't write these things to be hard on myself, but rather to boast in the redeeming work of Christ! I am a redeemed sinner!

"There is none righteous, no, not one;
There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God."

"... And [Jesus] was crucified."

"In him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."

"it is God who commanded light to shine
out of darkness, who has shone in our
hearts to give the light of the knowledge
of the glory of God in the face of Christ."

"Even when we were dead in trespasses,
[God] made us alive together with Christ,
it is by grace you have been saved."

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed intot the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

**So here's the thing, did you follow me into the same sins and disregard God's grace? I pray not, oh please be more wise then myself! Rely upon the grace of God, study the Scriptures and encourage and correct me. Watch and pray, lest you follow my sinful ways and enter into temptation. The Spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak (Mark 14:36).

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger H said...

Okay, in *which* translation does Mark write "So here's the thing?"

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home