Monday, October 31, 2005

No Shave November

So I successfully went 5 weeks without shaving, completing "No Shave November" during the month of October. I had to accomplish no-shave during October for two reasons, one, I'd like to look respectable when I visit for Thanksgiving; and two, I have a recognition ceremony on November 3rd for graduate students that were given fellowships. Sunday morning I shaved my wannabe-beard and crust-stache (as Jackie Horn would say). My face feels like a baby!

BBQ and fellowship Friday evening was quite a bit of fun! I had seven guests over to eat chicken and potatoes. Ivan has been eating gyros and sandwiches during his stay in IL, so I'm thankful to have been able to feed him something besides meat on bread! It was dang good food and alot of fun, all together. Praise God for the funds, time, and friends that made it a success.

I spent the bulk of Saturday studying, with a nice break for the IV departmental dinner and a good nap. God answered numerous prayers at Sat. evenings dept.-dinner. We're seeking to integrate our faith and learning together and God has provided a number of oppurtunities to do so. I'm helping organize a discussion/forum over Environmental Care and Concern that will take place next February. It will be a place where we can invite both Christian and non to attend and discuss our accountability to caring for the environment. I'm thankful and challenged by my involvement. Our Life-sciences group is composed of 5 solid Christians who want to reach their academic fields, their friends and culture for Christ. We're all excited about what may result.

Church Sunday morning was, once again, beautiful. Because my heart and mind often wander to worldly things, it is nice to come together with God's people and be encouraged to worship and sing aloud to our God. Mike preached on Romans 2:1-5 and encouraged us to not take God's goodness, kindness and patience for granted. Often we take God's blessings as signs that we're doing things right, but often (as this passage explains) God is blessing us in order that we might repent and turn to Him. We're given good jobs, family, friends and goods so that we may know they are from God and that because we're often ungrateful for such things, that we need to repent and ask for God's forgiveness.

Please pray for me:
Planning for the forum/discussion in February
That I not neglect to acknowledge God and the study of the Scriptures
My relationships with my roommates - how best to encourage them to develop in Christ
Reliance upon God's grace through the Spirit when it comes to spiritual growth and gifts that I've recieved

Transmission problems on the truck - (not again!!!)

For my friends/family:
My father is doing a lot of traveling, and I hope that the best comes out of it
My brother - to get an appointment at Children's Mercy Hosp. soon
Nicky - grace to endure or be cured from her sicknesses
And other requests, many as they are, that I would enjoy your prayer over

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... yes. Clean shaven. That's what I like! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home