Thursday, November 17, 2005

goin' Home Alone

4 Days ago it was 60 degrees, today, 15! We've also accumulated a little bit of snow as a result of morning precipitation. And, the wind makes it dang cold! IFL Thanksgiving dinner for Int'l students is tommorrow evening. I've invited a few people from the office. I'm thinkin' Ivan will make it, too. All together we should have between 80 and 100 people in attendance. I even get to make a fool of myself in a skit! Whoo-hooo! Praise the Lord (!), I'll get another free meal Saturday evening at the church Thanksgiving potluck! Rock On.

This morning the guys and I were sharing prayer requests. I shared with the guys about an Iranian friend a few years ago who had become a Family member. My story ended with some gospel singin': "And he got ... saved... saved... saved... by the blood of the Lamb!" Blake followed suit by eckoing "saved! saved! saved!". This went on for a while and involved some foot stompin' and hand clapin'. It brought alot of joy to our spirits! Good times.


Sarah, along with her b/f Michael, and I were going to carpool to Topeka on Wednesday, but plans have changed. I've decided to drive out to KC this Sunday and spend a few days at my Dad's house. I intend to make Topeka on Tuesday evening. Staying KC will allow me to hang with my Dad and Step-Mom more and work on my project over at the local community college. I'm getting my brakes worked on tommorrow, so pray that the drive goes well and that my attitude is joyful!

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger H said...

Drive safely! Will you be stopping by TRPC? Or will you be driving back by then.

I'm glad you're able to come home and visit both sets of parents. Thanksgiving is so different when you're not able to be at home.

Blessings,
Hillary :)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger H said...

Hi Paul!

It was good to hear from you! I laughed at the mental image of your friends and their pellet guns! My boys would love trying something like that. Do you think rubber band guns might do?

In reality, we don't have a mouse problem. It's just that now that we've finished the basement I have all these "new house" sounds to get used to. I'll hear a "pop' and my mind cries "mouse!!!". My heart will race and then I realize, oh, no that's just the heat vent popping with the warm air.

But if we *do* have a mouse at some point, I may ask for your buddies to consider a trip to Topeka!

LOL!

Blessings,
Hillary

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't get to see you over the break, but I hope you have a wonderful time at home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home