Saturday, November 05, 2005

burnin' down das haus

Wie gehts du???

It's getting dark out way too fast! At 4:30 the sun was setting on the great state of Cham-bana and it felt like way too early. What's up with that?

Some highlights from the week:

Thursday's hydrology test rocked, as some would say. I took it in the morning, compared to the afternoon, because of a fellowship recognition ceremony I was required to attend. My hydrology prof used me as a guinea pig for the test. I took the full version (10 questions) which was a little longer then what he gave to the others. I prepared well, so no worries. The ceremony that afternoon was boring, but I heard some good things about my performace vis-a-vis this semester. All good things, so that was nice!

I picked up my truck Friday morning from the transmission shop. It was driving pretty well yesterday, but today it seems like the same thing is starting to occur again - it's difficult to push the shifter into gear with the clutch in. This was the main problem, so I'm gonna need to take it back to the shop for warranty work. The bright side is that the owner of the shop is a real honest guy and will work with me. Yesterday evening a few of us saw the new Zorro movie. I must admit that I was surprised at it's quality entertainment value. Of course it helps when you go into a flick with no prior expectations. I had no idea a new Zorro movie was out! Afterward we went to Steak and Shake for a "little lunch" (at about 12:30 am). Dwayne was crackin' us up, he comes up with great questions like this: "Did your guy's power go off last night? Because mine went off just like that (he snaps his fingers)." Nope, power didn't go off. Funny thing is, though, when the power goes off, it usually goes off just like that (i just snapped my fingers).

I had a good nights sleep and started some work this morning. It wasn't too preductive of a day, mostly because I wasn't sure what to I should be doing. I read a couple of articles and did most of my stats homework. A friend and I met for coffee to get to know each other better. I say coffee, but neither of us ordered anything. Dang coffee at the coffee shop is way too expensive as it is. That's about it.

In devotion tonight I was struck with the efficiency of Christ's death. Mark says "And he was crucified". The whole nation, Jews and Gentiles, mocked; the disciples fled; God lovingly withheld his hand from staying His son's suffering; and, in this moment God came near.

Anything good at all and all I've attained to in this life was purchased by the grace of God.

Jesus paid it all; all to him I owe; sin had left a crimson stain; he washed me white as snow.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

u is oh so encouraging and i luv it :p i went to worship with Linda this morning...the folks there had wonderful hearts for GOD, it was so encouraging. praise GOD for finding her a home that will love her!

see u soon *smile*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home