Friday, November 04, 2005

Noyes in Illinois

I'm working in the Noyes Lab on campus today, running a bunch of analyses on my sediment samples. I've taken a short break to write some emails and prepare for the next sample. I stopped to read a little out of JP's sermon "A generation passionate for God's holiness", and there is a paragraph I would like to quote:

"Therefore what is the love of God? It is the preservation and the exaltation of his own holiness for your enjoyment forever. And what is it then to be loved by this God? It is not to be made much of, but to be given the ability, by the death and resurrection of Jesus, to enjoy making much of him forever. God loves me when he helps me be satisfied in God and not in me. God loves me when he helps me forget about me and be thrilled with Christ. God loves me when he dies in my place that I might know him and be satisfied with all that he is for me in Jesus. God loves me when he makes me passionate for his holiness. God's love for me is holy love. Therefore it exalts the infinite worth of God. It is radically God-centered."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home