Wednesday, February 21, 2007

To answer the most recent question - I've been trying to keep the ball rolling on writing. It's all too easy to distract myself with meaningless activity and take time away from my thesis. That said, the thesis is coming along fairly well. I started writing up my 'materials and methods' section about a month ago and am now moving right along through 'results'. I have decided that I'm much better prepared to write the results up prior to drafting the introduction. The process is detailed and, well, slow.

Kindel and I are halfway through our fifth month together, and very happy to be where we're at. We are excited at the possibilities the summer and next year hold - traveling, lots of weddings to attend, moving, etc. Since her and I decided that Stanford would be the best opportunity to finish my graduate studies, she has been searching for jobs in the SF Bay area.

The highlight of the past couple weeks has been the Bible study Kindel and I are in with Pastor D. Gospel Transformation (see the link in the sidebar) is, as the title alludes to, very Gospel oriented - it's about looking to Jesus as the one who has and will finish God's work in our lives and in the world. Last week we studied how to apply to our lives justification by faith - God's paying once and for all for our sin by Jesus' blood, and God accounting to us Christ righteousness (yes, like an accountant placing money in an account), thus placing us in the favored position of the righteous. God actually puts Jesus' righteousness in our account and so we now are seated with Christ in the heavenly realms - the place of perfect righteousness. God's favor will never leave us, even as guilty as we may feel about not 'making the mark' or being the 'Christian God intends us to be' God's countenance shines upon us. Kindel and I are learning how to apply this concept to our lives.

In the upcoming weeks I'll be headed to California to visit Stanford, preparing my departmental lecture, and getting ready to spend spring break in Vienna. Thanks to all of you who are prayerfully and financially supporting the Vienna trip. I'm still in need of further financial support; so if you'd like to help out, drop me an email.

Let me know how all of you have been.

Justified,

pb&j

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "official" notice from Stanford.

And, if you, K-, S- and M- (sorry just trying conceal identities), as well as Joe K., and one of my childhood friends are ALL in the san francisco area next year, I am most definately visiting you. Expect me around March (when I might be ABD)! I am so excited for you guys, and look forward to hearing more about your uplans.

Btw- joe reccommends sharing a house with another couple because of the enormous expense of living in palo alto.

j9

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just thought I'd drop in and answer your question. Yes, my parents are living in California while my dad works on organizing a few colleges there. Ben had the wrong city in his head though, they're in Modesto, CA.

And yes, we're so happy he's alright as well. What a scare. Good-bye Lexus, haha. We are SO thankful to God for His constant protection.

Happy trails in Califorina :)

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick note - My relationship with Stanford remains "unofficial". I'm required to make the formal visit, which is taking place this week. However, God's leading seems clear in the situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home