Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'd like to highlight a few events during my visit to Kansas.

Fishing - Beautiful Beaver Lake was situated adjacent to the town of Rogers - the birthplace of a chain of small, quaint hometown grocery stores known as Wal-Mart. The Wal-Marts were more plentiful than the bass on this trip, though.

Thanksgiving -

I had made a batch of spicy green curry and rice for dinner Wednesday evening. Kindel managed to get most of a whole bowl down. After a bowl and a half, I could barely take the heat. A few minutes later, I opted for yet another bowl of fire. Green curry has a wonderful taste, but a nasty bite. The rest of my family decided to heat up leftover spaghetti. I can't blame them.

That was Wednesday. Thursday, my stomach was tumultuous. The well-hyped Thanksgiving meal tasted wonderful, but the Asian curry decided that it was time to take on the traditional American food in mortal combat. By the end of the night, the kung fu fighting curry had been beaten down with a good ol' 'merican butt whoopin' turkey sandwich.

As my mother noted in her last comment, Kindel fit in really well with the whole family. Her joyful disposition and openness was a blessing to everyone there, especially me. She made the time I spent with my family very enjoyable.

Friday - My sister and brother-in-law hosted my dad and step mom, along with Kindel and I, for very nice lasagna dinner. Michelle's hospitality and growing patience toward me are both things to marvel at. I can't thank her and Mike enough for all they did for Kindel and I this week.

Saturday -

Hours of travel from Kansas City to Wichita - 6
Number of Bedores in a tiny house - 40
Amount of food needed to feed this mass of people - a ton
Kindel schooling my family in cards - priceless!

And a notable exchange during Saturday's Bedore Thanksgiving:
J: "Be quiet out there, we're trying to listen to the game in here!"
D: "The television's on mute."
J" "I can hear it."

Sunday - Kindel and I had a pleasant ride back to Kansas. Much thanks to God that her and I enjoyed all of our time with each other in the last 136 hours. When do we get to do it again? In two and a half weeks, with the Kramer family! It's gonna rock!

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like great family fun! I should just join in and pretend I'm a long-lost sister because we look so much alike. Sounds much better than your notations of last wintre where you made it sound like we were trying to kill you. (We weren't. Camping in the snow is fun.) I know that being with the girl is more enticing but maybe you'll consider joining us again someday.

So did you put salad dressing on the lasagne? Or is that only when you come over to eat? Green curry is not supposed to have a "nasty bite" so despite how much you enjoy cottage cheese and tuna, leave them out of your curry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home