Friday, December 08, 2006

Yesterday was a happy anniversary for Kindel and I! Raquetball, salad and rice, cribbage, who could ask for anything more? It was great.

As of this morning, I have 4/5 PhD applications complete. Princeton, Stanford, Rutgers, and Johns Hopkins applications are all in the hands of their respective admissions departments. My application to Notre Dame is taking a little longer, but will be finished soon. I'll be informed of my acceptance status any time between early February and early April. At that time I'll have to decide if I want to be a Tiger, Cardinal, Scarlet Knight, Blue Jay, or Fighting Irish.

If I had to choose off of the mascots, which could be final decision factor, I'd have to go with Princeton. Who wouldn't want to be a growling/purring tiger??? Chalk it up the testosterone, if you like. The pictures tell the whole story:

Bronze statue of the mascot outside Princeton's Nassau Hall. Festive, eh?
















Even if the football team sucks, who wouldn't be amused by this mascot for an hour or two?



Grrrrrrrrrr.

7 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the controversy around the Chief Illiniwek (our mascot), I wonder if anyone gets offended by the Fighting Irish.

Isn't "anniversary" supposed to signify time in years since it has the "anni/o" prefix (e.g., annual)? Nonetheless, congratulations.

And be consciencious - don't kill anybody with your cooking.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary! :) Kindel's hair looked beautiful Friday night. And, ....the anti-chief people are against all dehumanizing, racial stereotypes. The Irish are/were colonial subjects of the British Empire as well as the Native Americans-.

j9

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara Burnidge is applying to Notre Dame too :)

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that it's a big deal, but some grammatical things that I just had to mention:

"happy anniversary for Kindel and ME" (indirect object: for Kindel, for me)

"SHE and I will hang around" (subject, nominative case-- not "her" and I)

This degree in Humanities has to be practical in some way! :) very best,
j9

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I haven't talked to you in ages! I'm so glad things are going well, and Kindel sounds great! :-)
I had a question actually...what was that church we went to a few times, that sang just psalms? I was telling my fiance about it today and we wanted to visit there, but I couldn't remember where it was! I thought you'd know! :-) If you could, email me at idyllwild1984 @ juno.com.
Hope the rest of your week is great!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger PB&K said...

Because of the CO snowstorm, I stayed in CA a few extra days. Thankfully, we're making the most of it. Today we will be driving into Yosemite Nat. Park, if Lake Tahoe wasn't enuf!

lizzi- Topeka Reformed Presbyterian Church. I'll email you in a few days.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

hey, merry christmas

(i know its late :))

hope all is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home