Monday, November 06, 2006

CUOP

It has been a happy and busy few weeks.

Two weeks ago I gave a couple of lectures in the Chemistry class I TA. The time demand for preparing lectures is quite high, but I learned a ton about adsorption phenomena. Prior to a lecture I'm usually a little nervous, but it seems that as soon as I introduce our material that my confidence increases and the rest of the lecture flies by. I presented a few examples of adsorption theory as it is used in the research literature and the students responded positively. Some even commented on how interesting the studies were! I sure didn't expect that.

And, last week I gave presentation covering my preliminary research results. Although I initially didn't think my results were all that impressive, my group thought differently. There always seems to be so much more work that I can do, but having this lecture really forced me to spend some time looking at the data I've already collected. The comments I've gotten on my results have been really encouraging.

I'm also nearly complete with the applications to a few PhD programs. While this is an expensive process, I'm hopeful that the response to my applications will help me make a decision as to what/where to study. I'm pretty sure that I've told a number of you not to let me apply to schools where their average winter temp is less than the average in central IL. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm violating that rule, although some have informed me that the East coast is generally a little warmer.

Thursday of this week I'm headed to Louisville for a medical missions conference. Because my mind has been busy with other things, I don't really have any expectations for the conference. That said, I am looking forward to relaxing my body and brain for a few days, as well as hanging out with people that aren't in academics.

Lastly, and very important, tommorrow marks the one month anniversary of Kindel and my's dating relationship. Our time spent talking, laughing, and praying together has been some of the most enjoyable of my life. I look forward to another month of it - especially with all of the family visits ahead! Thank you for your faithful prayers and wisdom-filled encouragement.

Blog to ya later.
btw - CUOP = Coarse Update On Paul

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the east coast is only really warmer in the winter... in the summer it's often cooler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home