Friday, October 27, 2006

Did you know that not only is BET a hip-hop, groovy televeision station, but it is also used to describe multilayer adsorption of a gas or solute to a solid, adhering surface? Who would have guessed (except those that have had some P-chem)?

I have had to lecture this week to my environmental chemistry class and if you haven't guessed this already, my topic is adsorption phenomena. I didn't really know the material in-depth until this week, but it's not the most difficult to conceptually (or mathematically) understand for those that have had a good deal of chemistry, physics or thermodynamics. I fall in the first category. The real challenge is translating the notes I have, which are very theoretical, into something the students will be able to comprehend. Thankfully, on Tuesday after some prolonged brain storming, the good Lord helped me start writing a student-friendly lecture for Wed's class. And again, thank God, the lecture went really well!

Because of the lectures I have to give, research has been put aside this week. I've welcomed a little more rest and time with the Great Rest-Giver. I've also welcomed a little more time with Kindel and friends. Yesterday evening Kindel came by my office to spend some time praying with each other. From our time sharing scripture with each other, one of the themes we recognized is that while we often keep ourselves from seeing God's work in our lives, he'll frequently just come along side us in amazing, surprising ways. He could just leave us in our obtuse understanding of His work (and character), but out of his love, we find him jumping into our boat and calming the storm. In prayer, we both showed a desire to have deeper friendships with those around us - inside or outside the church - it doesn't matter. We'd like to be more confident of our position in God's kingdom, thus becoming more vulnerable with those God brings in our lives. Easy thing to say, but this can be hard, painful, and time-consuming. Worth it? I think so.

Well, have a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home