Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pedagogy, gotta love it. The past two days have been filled with policy and practice strategies for being an effective TA. The chemistry profs. seem to be some of the best, most favored teachers on campus. Can I follow in their steps? I'm a little nervous about hoping right in to being a TA, but the nerves are good. If I weren't nervous, then I probably wouldn't care about the class, nor about the students. I'll get to lecture a few times while the faculty member is out of town. In fact, next Friday is my first lecture! Topic - introduction/chemistry review. Pray for me and the students!

Also, I'm leaving tommorrow (Friday) morning for Chicago. This is yet another round of sampling streams in the Chicago metro region. Your prayers have been ehard in the past and continue to play a crucial role in God's kingdom being extended through my personal life, relationships, and work. I would appreciate more prayers over this trip, especially since I'll be going alone.

Other events on the horizon:

Grad IV New Student Orientation Kickoff
Grad IV Welcome Back Picnic
Quad Day - working a booth w/ the PCA church plant
Grad IV Welcome parties - Dan and I are hosting
Classes starting!

Let me know how I can be praying for you, too. Email or call.

In love,

2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just reading about "Christian Leadership In A Pluralistic World" (R.Mouw) and effective teaching strategies from an ed psych journal. Good stuff. Sounds like you've got some good opportunities and big responsibilities ahead of you. I believe that God places those in our lives to affect the world we live in (our ministry of the moment?) and to grow us in various capacities. I look forward to all the wonderful things that He will accomplish with you. I pray that you will use your time well amid it all. And I hope that you will still have time left over for the rest of us.

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bAmen, nyc! I'm quite excited for how God uses Paul in his teaching capacities. I can really see him as a great teacher and TA. Except I could also see him distracting his women students, :) haha. I'm going to be teaching the great hodgepodge of Voltaire, Frankenstein, the Communist Manifesto, Madame Bovary, two more movels, and a textbook on Western Civilization. Ha! It is such a blessing to be given the responsibility of teaching when God has already given us the great blessings of excitement over learning and kindness toward students. May God work in and through Christian TAs,
j9

 

Post a Comment

<< Home