Friday, July 14, 2006

Reservation canceled

Wednesday evening, before Thursday's trek to Chicago, I hopped on the bus to take me back to the office. I had left by bicycle at the office that afternoon, having elected to take the bus home during the thunderstorm. Ernie, an aquitance from Intervaristy volleyball and picnics, was sitting across from me on the bus. We hadn't seen each other for over 6 months, so he asked me to walk the quad with him on his way to church. We chatted about a number of things, but the last topic to come up was my research trip to Chicago. I told him that I drive around to streams, take samples of water and do some filtering in the field. Ernie's very emotional, enthusiastic reply: "Wow, that's awesome! That would be sooo much fun!"

We then split ways - I was off to the office and he departed for Uni. Baptist. God had used Ernie to help me remember that one of the reasons I chose this route because it was going to be a blast! Driving around, visiting streams, doing chemistry - this is what I wanted. Thanks be to a providential, loving, patient God!

Nathan and I headed to Chi-town at 7 am, Thursday morning. We worked efficiently and skillfully. Traffic wasn't bad at all, nor was my driving! Nathan did a great job navigating, too. As a result, we were able to hit all 5 sites in one day, rather than breaking them up over two days (fyi, I cancelled the hotel reservation. Hence, the title). My last sample was filtered by 6:15 pm in the parking lot of the Dominick's grocery store at the corner of 31st and Wolf Rd. We were back in CU by 9 pm.

God worked wonderfully through your prayers!

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for your keen skill to work quickly and, of course, your traffic fleeing skills!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home