Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just as surprised as you

I'm racing in a moutain bike race on Saturday. No, I can't use my new bike. Yes, I have a decent, yet worn bicycle that will do the job.

Anthony, Jeremy and I attended the Illini Cycling information meeting tonight. They're hosting the season's first race at Kickapoo State Park this weekend. And wouldn't you know, Jeremy and Anthony were up to cycling in the beginner section. So, I've got the time, bike, and spandex, why not?

Off to tune up the Fisher . . .


pb

5 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you cut back trees and plants, they grow in thicker the next year. Does hair work the same way?

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger PB&K said...

You can tell who the hardcore guys are - it's the "thing" that sets the apart - their shaved legs. I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon.

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you've got the legs for it

Recall:
P: "The weather is nice."
A: "What does nice weather mean?"
P: "Nice biking."
A: "What does nice biking mean?"
P: "Nice legs. I've got nice legs."

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO-

I would NOT reccommend that Paul shave his legs. Better a solid fifth place than a hairless third.

janine

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger PB&K said...

Yes, that's true, NYC, but I've got ... er, pride? Virgin hair and virgin legs - lets keep it that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home