Monday, February 13, 2006

Be consciencious and don't spread mono!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Heed the advice in the title (Nina's warning to me) and you'll do well on this ancient holiday. From what I know the holiday commemorates the martyr of St. Valentine who preformed illegal marriages during a time in Rome when the such was illegal. Evidentally, single, young men make better soldiers, so marriage was banned for those under a certian age. The covenant of marriage is far more important than a mere rule of man, enough so to lose your life over.

I have a test in physical inorganic chemistry on Thursday. I worked over the weekend to finish this weeks problem set, planning ahead for extra study time today (Monday). I've been meeting with a classmate to go over the problems and it just so happens that we compliment each other quite well.

Last week was marked with some wonderful events: I enjoyed a few conversations w/ friends regarding faith in Christ and union between my work as a scientist and my life as a Christian. I also shared similar thoughts while part of a panel discussion at graduate Intervarsity large group. I tried to describe that interacting with people differently was a result of faith in Christ and the presenence of the Kingdom of God. Introducing myself to my people as an environmental chemist doesn't hide the fact that I'm a Christian. Because I presuppose that the best scientific thinking is born out of Christian conviction, it is a boasting in the Cross when I myself as a scientist. I've been commissioned, or called, by God in this occupation.

Saturday morning I made cottage cheese pancakes over at Nina's. Her, myself, Austin and Dwayne had breakfast together. The pancakes were mediocre, something you should try atleast once. Who knows, I may even make them again. Nina's crepes w/ freshly whipped creme and blueberries were quite delicious. Sunday I put together a pot of Chilli - Casie's recipe, of course.

It's been cold the last few days, so I've been indulging my mind thinking about a PhD program in Arizona or California. Who knows what lies in store?

Grace and peace to all of you!

Also, Chris, if you're reading this, thanks for calling me yesterday. It really ment a lot to know of your continual care for our friendship.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger H said...

Yeah...those cookies are disgustin'!

I know the boys would LOVE those, but I simply could not make them because I know I'd have to look at them. Ick!

What about a school in Texas? It's a very warm state. It's also a "red state." (Woo-hoo!) They have big bugs there, though....

Hmmmm..... Maybe more thinking is in order.

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

hey! just wanted to wish you a happy valentine's day...don't go breakin all the girls hearts now ;)

challenge had a relationship panel last thursday that casie, me, jesse and sam foreman sat on and answered ?'s about what we expect and desire from a relationship, it was a good time...so amazing to listen to jesse and hear how christ is glorifed in his relationship with alicia

ah love!!

grace and peace, brother
kristen

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Musk Ox Day, Black Tuesday, etc, to you! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home