Friday, February 03, 2006

Currently listening too...

Nothing! At church last Sunday I heard a comment that listening to too much music can keep us from appreciating the artist's intent in writing and composing the work. So this week I severely limited my music intake - like fasting. I hope that this will help me *hear* the words in worship Sunday morning, rather than just singing along.

My week has been busy - as usual. Some of the highlights:

The homework I turned in for physical inorganic came back with high grade on it, praise God! I'm really enjoying the class, even amidst racking my brain trying to figure it out. Finally, NMR makes sense!

My checkup at the doctor turned out to be another good experience. At the least, there wasn't any snapping of rubber gloves, telling me to drop my drawers, and - you know the rest. No pneumonia, though. I'm to continue taking one of the inhalers and go in for another check up in four weeks.

Sheri T., Pastor Dave's wife (PCA church plant), called me wedensday evening to see how my health was. She was sooo sincere and loving, it felt great to have the local body of Christ so concerned for me. Definently a highlight!

I also met with the associate pastor from the E-Free church (CEFC) to talk about life and church. This was profitable, as we discussed the role of para organizations and church membership. I sure have some decisions to make regarding my place of worship, but I'm leaning to commitment to the PCA church plant, and letting the congregation at CEFC know that I'll be with them another 6 months.

I celebrated Groundhog Day after Bible study yesterday evening. We watched the movie "Groundhog Day" for our party. It's a darn funny movie for us old folk.

Tommorrow morning I'm serving with my Intervarsity small group at St. Jude's soup kitchen. After that I'll burn about six or seven hours in the books and then head to the basketball game. It will be a full day.

Last, but no least, it is my mother's birthday! So wish her a happy birthday by leaving a message. She's absolutely wonderful in every way! I love you mom!

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger H said...

Oh! I'd posted a "Happy Birthday" to your mom, but it disappeared!

Happy Birthday Paul's Mom!!

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday blog, Paul. I love it! And thank you Hillary for your birthday wishes. : )

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope I meet you in the next six months, since I go there too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home