Sunday, September 25, 2005

Mooncakes and Tea Eggs

Before I became a true Christian I thought that I was already a Christian. My Dad is probably most familiar with the time period when the acutal transformation occured. Prior to this time Christ was not my treasure, but merely a means to heaven. Now, God is my treasure, here and now. I believe in Jesus because he is the only means to unending pleasure - communion with God. Christians are not perfect, though. My actions and words speak to this, but this is why I need Jesus. Christ gave himself unto death in order that my sin would be forgiven, thus purchasing my communion with God.

A friend in the U of I history program encouarged me to write this.

As for my week...

The test on Thursday went pretty well. I was surprised at how I tried to rationalize all of the statistical techniques I was to use in answering the problems. This was the wrong time to whoop out my "logic" and apply it to the fuzzy-science of stats. I'm fairly sure that I did well and gave the expected or "correct" answers.

Numbers has been a blessing: The first four chapters are a clear reminder that God is one of order and reason. From the arrangement of the Isrealite camp to the tabernacle arrangments, each task was to be completed as God intended. These were people who's everday life was preformed with the holiness of God in mind. They understood that the tabernacle was not to be messed with, nor the worship profaned. As God's chosen people they moved together, working perfectly, similar to the movement of the body. Beautiful.

I also played softball Thursday evening, 3 games total. We won all three, but I must admit that my swing is terrible. Atleast I won't get to heaven and be required to explain why my softball swing was so bad! Right, Nicky??? I have some practicing for our game this week and the upcoming playoffs.

Saturday evening I attended the Singapore Student Associations Moon Festival get-together. My singaporian friends, Josh and Joy, had invited me to the activities. We had a blast! I'll post some pictures of the games and skits soon. Afterward my roommates and I watched some of the Best of Will Ferrel. Seeing Ferrel playing a photography model was far from funny, rather it was naustiating.

I attended Hessel Park Chruch this morning. It was a joy to worship the Lord in the midst of the congregation. The question was raised "Is God among us, today?" This question is similar to those I, and many others, have raised in light of the climatic events of late. The answer is "yes". God is with His people. We're not perfect, let me be the first to say. But, Christ does rule as head over all of creation and through his Spirit, he dwells in the Church, the body of Christ. Powerful message.

I just would like everyone to know that I am greatly missing you! Honestly, I have tried to push these emotions aside by overwhelming myself with work. This isn't healthy, don't follow my example.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

miss you brother! things are good here...keeping busy as always...but GOD is good in so many ways!

ps today is my *one year anniversary* of becoming a child a christ! GOD and i had a sweet date earlier ;) Praise Jesus!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger PB&K said...

Sweet Justice! My 3 year is around this time, too! I'm sure in need of one of those date-thingys, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home