Sunday, September 11, 2005

Had it been me

I've been pondering the last couple of days would it mean for me and my friends/family if I had been in Katrina. Stranded on a rooftop, no clean water or food, medical help far away, all of the material goods that I own lost, no shelter, smelly and dirty people all around. I hope that I would be drawn to Isaiah 26:8 "In the path of your judgements, oh Lord, we wait for you. Your name and rememberance are the desire of our souls." Although I do not wish calamity on myself or anyone, I am hopeful that God's name, or character, and His great deeds and goodness would be remembered. It would be an impossible circumstance, but as Kristen has reminded me of late, fear of losing everything - family, goods, life - is death itself. Communion with God is everything and it comes through Jesus, and His death.

How would you respond if I was lost in the wreckage? If you had not had contact with me in two or three weeks? I hope that you would be praying for me - not to be found, God is a good shepard and knows where His flock is at. Rather pray that I would draw near to His presence and trust only in His promises.

I love Romans 8:28 - and it's worth looking up.

And, I love all of you

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

our pastor spoke today about katrina and its impact on us...i love how GOD shows himself thru all of this...he's got nonbelievers believing and believers questioning and loving. praise jesus for his goodness in all things! good post.

ps. while beth moore is happily married, and in about her mid-40s...she does, i believe, have an unmarried daughter who is around your age...*suggestive eyebrow raise*

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul! This is mom showing Grandpa and Grandma how to Blog! We all love you! Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home