Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Cycling like N

Thank you for all of your prayers. For those in Christ, the prayers are pleasing to God. My sister emailed me a prayer this morning - it focused on dedicating our the work and our livelyhood to God. It has been a busy week and I have not had the personal, away-from-the-grind devotional time that I would like. Nonetheless, time spent in both Hebrews and Numbers this week has been sweet and enriching, opening my eyes all the more to God's power and immanence.

I attended the innaugeral meeting of the Darwin Club yesterday. My purpose in meeting with this group is to humbly serve my fellow students and offer a different Perspective. Praise be to God that my friend from Singapore, a student in medicinal Psychology and brother in Christ, Josh Goh was able to accompany me. I realized today that one of the Darwin Club founders is in my stats class and lab.

My first test as a graduate student is tommorrow. I probably have not studied enough. The material isn't difficult, but I tend to take that for granted and skip over simple things. Today in my stats lab I met a second year grad student in food nutrition. He is an very intelligent and healthy guy - in face he's a body builder! We had some wonderful conversation and the two of us have decided that we would like to hang out. Layne and his girlfriend are from Florida and I hope that our friendship continues to grow. Layne's website is...

http://www.physiquescience.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Last Sunday I, once again, attended Stratford Park Bible Chapel. The worship leaders are rotated over a four week range; and this week we sang hymns with the exception of one chorus song at the end. It was way sweet and the Christ exalting words sounded beautiful coming from the Saints! Pastor Ken emphasized, from Ephesians chapter 2:1-10, the glory of God and the immeasurable riches of His grace in raising sinners from spiritual death!

I'm having trouble sleeping again. Monday evening I had some company while studying and I pushed my brain pretty hard, becoming quite tired late in the evening. Even though I was completely worn out, I probably laid in bed from 12 to 1:30 am trying to fall asleep. I laid down earlier in the evening, yesterday, but to little avail. I still had much trouble sleeping. I believe that my brain doesn't know how to handle such an increase in data flow and that I'm quite anxious about many things. I'm hopeful that the Spirit will lead me to trust the Father to sustain me in this calling.

I may be playing on the Grad IV softball team. We have games Thursday evenings. They are later then Bible study, so I should be able to compete.

I love and miss you all!

I encourage you to read your Bibles. We were meant for meat, not spoon-fed milk!

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

oh paul
missed you at prayer tonight
thanks for always being encouraging
thanks for loving GOD so much
thanks for showing that love to all of GOD's children
thanks for being y o u

miss you...have a good week/weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home