Friday, August 26, 2005

Ill'n Noise

Did I tell all of you that I have an office? Yes, indeed. It's a large renovated lab with privacy desks. Total there are around 8 students that share the space. I've got a nice PC, too!

The rest of classes went well yesterday. My aquatic ecosystems class will be quite a bit of work, but I'm sure that we'll learn quite a bit. Our prof just defended his PhD under my same advisor. So, his and my interests are similar. Because my undergrad didn't include much biology or ecology I have extra reading to do. This is what I'm paid for, is it not? Watershed hydrology had much fewer students and, praise be to God, will quantitatively focused!

Ben and I lifted weights again last evening. My abs are more soar than anything. Poor Ben's wrist is taking a long time to heal and so he is quite limited on what his routine can include. He's wonderful company and a big help in learning how to lift.

After exercising, Ben and I met Blake at one of the undergrad Intervarsity chapters (we attended the one for Champaign, others are available for Urbana and the Greek system students). It's was quite exciting to be a spectator, seeing all of the freshman and upper class-folk interact. They are quite passionate about serving and being changed by God. I was praying during worship and while listening to the speaker that God would get ahold of those students and change their lives. Tonight I'll attended Grad I.V.'s large group.

Tommorrow is the Sweet Corn festival in Urbana. There is a big celebration, and in honor of it us four guys have decided to fast from food today and eat only corn all day on Saturday. Ben, Blake and I are working a church booth at the festival in the evening. Grad IV also is having a picnic in the afternoon, to which I will bring my canned corn. I'll let all of you know how my body responds to our one-day corn diet!

Check out these websites to learn more about Grad IV.
www.uiuc-gradiv.com

The director's personal website is
www.gfmuiuc.org

The website of the chruch I'm attending this Sunday is
www.hpcrc.org

And an interesting website for a Christian-Environemental Science Institute. It's definantly worth checking out.
www.ausable.org/au.main.cfm

1 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Kristen Marie said...

an office? sweet justice! at ku we have a special "pharmacy student" lounge and computer lab. post-undergrad ed has its perks...besides just getting an awesome education...today we learned why we can curl our hair with a curling iron (hydrogen bonding, of course!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home