Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Done been doin' alot

The drive to Illinois was fairly exciting, believe it or not. God decided that I needed an ample break from the taxing drive, so while I was in St. Louis He brought events to pass in order that I needed to change a bad tire! It was a good break and once on the road I was well rested from driving to continue the rest of the way.

I've sent some pics of my house to a few of you. It's an old two story house that needs quite a bit of work. The upstairs has one room and is fairly warm, even with the a.c. on. My room and two other bedrooms are located on the first floor. We have a small living room and kitchen, as well as a moist, moldy, cool downstairs. The part of our basement that is unfinished has a partial dort floor that we can use burying treasure and dead bodies or makin' tunnels. Our place has two window a.c. units that, bless their mechanical hearts, are working as hard as possible to keep things cool. To say the least, we're all thinkin' about going in together on another unit. Praise God, however, for my Dad's visit. It was great to see him and he also brought an oscillating fan!

I've spent much of my time with the other guys unpacking. We attended their church yesterday, a new congregation with alot of zeal, compassion, and humility. I look forward to going back. Today I met with my advisor, Mark David. He is a tall fella and seems to have a constant excitement about him. He was helpful in getting my classes together and informing me of what will happen over the next two years. My classes include pedalogy (study of soils), watershed hydrology, applied statistics, an orientation class, and a guided reasearch project - twelve hours total.

Please pray for me regarding: desire and commitment to pray and meditate on the Scripture; commitment to showing Christ to my roommates and classmates; persistance and drive to do well in school; commitment to excercise; and, finding joy in Christ alone.

Hold fast to what God has taught us through His son!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home