Saturday, February 21, 2009

The desire to post has been there, but what to write? Maybe a good place to start is a list of some of the most significant things which have happened in my life during the past few months.

1. Made new friends - we've been able to hang out and get to know a newer couple at our church. We jive really well and frequent the law school game nights they host. To say the least, they've been very encouraging and are a hoot!

2. Men's group - I've met with a few men from church every during the past 8 months. God has used this group, along with my wife, to help me follow Jesus with greater fervor.

3. Rolan died - one of the guys in the above mentioned men's group was recently killed in an accident.

4. Research adventures - I've narrowed down my dissertation research, been preparing my PhD qualifying exam proposal, and made some progress on that research. The PhD qualifying exam will be in late April.

5. Slacked off on school work to hang out with my wife! Or, had Kindel help me in lab, grinding soil, washing glassware, or taking notes.

6. Driving around snow-packed Vancouver. I had never been to Vancourver before, so the 6 feet of snow seemed "normal." However, all of the natives assured me that snow always melts over night, and the weather was far from normal. Our two days in BC were spent dodging large mounds of snow while we drove all over Vancouver for a wedding which Kindel was in.

One of the funnier moments during our busier holiday season was had at the Denver airport. We had been waiting for our next flight and were perplexed to why we had not started boarding. In our confusion, and while looking at the sunset over the Rockies, Kindel and I realized, at the same moment, that our watches were still on Central Time!

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger H said...

Hi Paul! It's so good to hear from you! How are your studies going? When you are done, do i get to call you Dr. Bedore? Or Dr. Paul?

Thanks for suggesting even more days off of school for us! That's exciting. I wonder where we can skip off to tomorrow....

Have a good week!

Blessings,
Hillary :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home